Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stampin Up Morning Soft


I received my new Stampin Up Morning Soft stamp set. This is a fabulous morning glory stamp, so perfect to color. I stamped it on Curious Cryogen White cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. Then using Copic markers, I laid a base color of BV000 Iridescent Mauve, then created the shading with BV01 Viola and BV04 Blueberry. I used Y15 Cadmium Yellow for the center of the flowers and the leaves. The green on the leaves is G21 Lime Green which I colored over with Y15 Cadmium Yellow to blend it all in. The last step was outlining the entire flower with C1 Cool Gray. When I was coloring my rhinestones to match, I accidentally flicked some ink onto the white cardstock. So I got out my Stamps by Judith Dots peg stamp and added dots around the flower, problem solved. Both the white square and the scalloped square were created using Spellbinders Nestabilities. I found some lovely designer paper, origin unknown, that I layered onto a 5 1/4 inch square card, punching out the corners with my EK Success Concave paper shaper. I colored the ribbon with my Copic marker to match and added some rhinestones to the corners.

2 comments:

Sandy Whalen said...

What a great idea to showcase your art, thoughts, suggestions and techniques. Thanks for sharing

Sandy W.

Sandy Knecht said...

Another good card. Your dots pull the dots of the flowers in the patterned paper in. That worked out really well.