Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sutter Chickadee


I made this card for a "bird" contest on the Yahoo Sutter group. I stamped the chickadee with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Of course, I colored it with my Copics. I used YG63 Pea Green on the pine and E25 Caribe Cocoa on the branch. The bird is mostly white, the yellow is YR21 Cream to which I added W1 Warm Gray. The wings are shaded with W3 Warm Gray. I took a black Copic and went over his head and chin to make them darker. His legs are W5 Warm Gray. I decided to use this wonderful patterned paper from The Paper Studio that I purchased at Hobby Lobby as well as the brown/taupe cardstock. When I mounted the bird onto the cardstock, I realized my choice of browns for the branch was wrong for this paper. So I took W7 Warm Gray and went over the branch again and it now co-ordinated with the DP. I love this card layout, it was a Mojo Monday challenge on Julee's blog last winter. I used my airbrush and W7 Warm Gray to color the rhinestone accents. I thought the heavy brad in the corner balanced the card and gave it a definite male feel. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Sandy Knecht said...

This card is so charming and colored so beautifully as usual. Love it!

Anonymous said...

love love love it! the paper is awesome too.

Sandy W.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous as usual Sandy, I love this layout & the colours.

Sheila