Sunday, August 3, 2008

Feline Friendly

Doesn't this just make you smile? It is another of my favorite stamps from Repeat Impressions. I was on Yvonne Albritton Designs website, reading her technique about plaid bears and wanted to give it a try. I stamped the image on Cryogen White, then stamped again on my Chatter Box designer paper. I cut the bear out and layered him onto the original image. I used a yellow Spica marker for the pads of his feet, gold for the ribbon, pink for his ears and gray for his nose. The cat is colored with Copic markers, YR20 Yellowish Shade, Y32 Cashmere and Y23 Yellowish Beige. His nose and ear are R21 Sardonyx. Then I created the shadow below and around them with Warm Gray W3. I made it a little darker at the bottom to help ground them. I just received some new Cuttlebug embossing folders, this one is from the With Gratitude combo set, the word Hi is a die cut from the Friends Forever combo set. I embossed the design onto heavy acetate, using silver brads to attach it to the card stock panel. I popped up the main image with pop dots for some added interest. I think it is a cute card. Thanks for dropping in.