Sunday, October 12, 2008

Copic Inspiration challenge scene for MWS


I participated in an Inspiration Challenge on the Midwest Stampers Yahoo group. We had to make a scene using an animal and just a few stamps. Using 5 stamps, here is the scene I entered into the competition. The finished size is 6 x 7 inches.

Using Curious Cryogen White paper, I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I stamped this weeks ago so I am sorry I don't know the exact colors that I used. I airbrushed the sky but everything else is individual marker work.

The bird on the branch is from Beeswax. The ground cover and branches around the edge are from Stampscapes. The great barns are some new stamps I got from De Stempelwinkel.nl I saw an ad for them in Rubber Stamp Madness. For those interested in ordering her stamps, send her an email of what you want with your shipping information. She will give you a total which you can pay via PayPal. She carries several lines of stamps that can be found in the States but you can only get the De Stempelwinkel stamps from her. Check out her unmounted landscape plates under Rubber Stamps, then the first Buildings you come to in the menu. The plates are at the bottom or you can order the barns individually. I, of course, needed them all, lol.

I am honored to say that my scene won the challenge and is now featured as the Art of the Week on the groups homepage.

6 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

OMG Sandy I love this! I have always had a "thing" for barns. Did you order these stamps from a US vendor? I am at the NL site and its confusing for payment. Are they mounted or unmounted? I am drooling all over my keyboard.

Elizabeth said...

This is really a gorgeous scene.
I also have the same barn stamps.
The owner of the Stempelwinkel is a lady named Jetske and it's one of my favorite shops.

Monica Kasandra said...

Hallo Sandy
As always, your pictures are fantastic.
Happy Stamping
from
Monica Kasandra
Denmark

Sew This N That said...

Congratulations Sandy :0) another awesome piece of art!
**Hugs** Heather x

Anonymous said...

Flipping Gorgeous as usual Sandy,
Santa as those plates on his list for me..lol.
Those building are simply stunning, & what you did with them is amazing.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card and layout Sandy, your cards are works of art!

I really enjoy your cards and amazing talent, thanks for sharing all you do with us!

Hugs,Jennifer :)

PS When are you coming to Chicago? :)