Saturday, November 29, 2008

Copic Christmas cards

In between running errands today and visiting with Amy, I managed to make two Christmas cards. This first uses my new Stampin Up set "A Cardinal Christmas". This is such a beautiful stamp and it colors wonderfully. I used Real Red card stock, the DP is from Cloud 9 Designs.

Copics used:
Cardinal R24 Prawn, R27 Cadmium Red, R39 Garnet, I used R14 Light Rouge around his eye
Beak YR15 Pumpkin Yellow
Feet E42 Sandy White
Branch E44 Clay
Leaves G24 Willow
Berries R39 Garnet with white glaze accents

I did not like the bright white paper against the red of the bird, so I colored around him with B21 Baby Blue. Then I took my Blender pen and swirled blending solution throughout the blue area. The results are a kind of mottled marble effect. I like it! Looking at it as I write this, I think it needs some more bling on the ribbon. Will have to work on that.

For the next card, a challenge on Paper Craft Planet, I began with the 2 Turtle Doves stamp from the Penny Black 12 Days of Christmas clear set.

Copics used:
Turtle G21 Lime Green, G24 Willow
Hat and yarn R27 Cadmium Red
Dove C2 Cool Gray
Beak YR15 Pumpkin Yellow

I used a green Copic Mulitliner for the knitting needles. I cut this out with my Spellbinders Circle Nestie and airbrushed E50 Egg Shell while it was still in the die. The DP is from Bo Bunny, I used a white glaze pen for all the dots. Finished size is 5 1/4 inch square.

No comments: