Saturday, November 15, 2008

More Stampscape class samples

Well, I taught a second Stampscapes class this week. By request, we made two cards that have already been posted on my blog, the Peace cardinal and the Heart Filled with Joy card so I won't post them again.

But here are the other two cards we made. This one was not a request but I just love the Autumn colors. It is basically two stamps joined and colored, then add the finishing reeds, limbs and birds. The sky was colored using a torn paper towel, just pouncing color with the stylus. Very simple yet breathtaking scene. I used dye inks again on glossy paper. It is an A2, 5.5 x 4.25 inches card.

This next scene is based on a very large scene that Kevin from Stampscapes created called Forest Falls. This is also an A2 size card. With this scene we had to do a lot of masking. I like to use Eclipse tape. We had to mask the rocks on the bottom and all four tree trunks. But the extra work was worth it as I really like the movement in this scene. Again, this is dye inks on glossy paper.

I have to get back to my Copics as I will be teaching a Copic class next month at Scrap Tales in Brighton, Michigan.

3 comments:

Pat Moore said...

As always, you do such great work - whether it is ink or copics. I really wish I could take a class. ...Pat M

Karen W said...

Gorgeous, I want more details, I love the colors, maybe need to go back and try some inks again.
Karen

Jenny Gropp said...

Both cards -- Outstanding... you captured the fall colors perfectly.