Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Repeat Impressions Stained Glass

I created this card using my Repeat Impressions quilt block stamps.

I began by drawing faint lines on my Cryogen White paper for reference marks to get the blocks spaced correctly. I stamped each one with Memento black ink, then added the window arch above them.

I decided to stick to a red, blue and green palette and chose 3 shades of each; light, medium and dark. I was not planning on adding the dark blue around the outer edge but dripped some ink on the paper and had to cover it up. It was a happy accident because I think the stained glass effect stands out more with the dark borders.

The rest of the card is pretty basic. I used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder for some added texture. The Thinking of You is also from Repeat Impressions. The anal side of me really loves the crisp clean lines of this card. I hope you enjoy it as well.

3 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Sandy, this is beautiful. I shouldn't have looked at it since I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do with these stamps, but I couldn't resist! Good job - and great mistake cover up!

Sandy Knecht said...

You're right about the dark blue bringing out the the stain glass. Great job and nice layout.

Jenny Gropp said...

VERY COOL! Good job with these. Love the vibrant colors!