Friday, January 2, 2009

Sutter Winter Photoscape

It has been a while since I have created a Photoscape but I was inspired by some art I saw recently on one of my Yahoo groups.

I printed this beautiful winter scene onto my glossy card stock from The Paper Cut.

Then using Memento Tuxedo black ink I added the cabin, the path, the tree in the foreground and the fence. I added some color to these using my Tombow markers. For snowy accents, I used my white glaze pen.

The last step was to add the birds and the pine branches in the upper right corner. I stamped the branches first with black ink, then over stamped them with Brilliance Moonlight white ink.

The pine branch is from Stampscapes, the remainder of the stamps are from Sutter.

4 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Sandy, this card is phenomenal! EXCELLENT job! I had to call Tim in here to show him because he loves your work. He said if he ever gets into stamping, this is the kind of card he'd like to be able to make!

One of these days, I swear I'm going to have to try doing this, but I'm afraid there's no way I can compare with your wonderful work.

Happy New Year!

Jan Scholl said...

The only good snow is in photos or on tv. This I can handle. I tried to take some photos this last snow fall but the dogs got to the yard and went crazy before I could. Phooey.

Looking at this makes me cold tho.

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautiful scene Sandy. It looks so real tht we could walk right into the scene. Great work!

Sheila said...

Your Photoscapes are always amazing!! Yoda.
Is it your garden or just somwhere random?,either tho it's still fabulous.