Friday, January 23, 2009

Tilda, Hello with Smiles


Here's a little cutie I made today to participate in the Cute Card Thursday challenge. The challenge was to create a scene. And I wanted to play with my new Spellbinders Daisies die cuts and my Martha Stewart Lattice punch.

I colored Tilda from Magnolia Stamps first with my Copic markers
Face, hands and knees - E000, E00, E02 and R20 for blush
Dress - B00 shaded with B02
Shirt and Socks - R82 shaded with R85
Heart - RV34 shaded with R89
Hair - E11 and E07
Kitty - YR21 shaded with YR24

I die cut the flower and the leaves and then airbrushed the darker colors while they were still in the dies. For the flower I used RV34 and R85, for the leaves G24 and G82. I also airbrushed the lattice with G24. The small flower with the Hero Arts saying is a McGill punch. I airbrushed that with R85 as well.

I used my Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder on Cryogen white paper for the top panel. The DP is from Heidi Grace. The last step was to add the white accents to Tilda and the flowers. After I stamped the image, I started laughing because Tilda does not have a mouth with which to smile but at least her kitty is smiling. I hope this brought a smile to your face.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Too funny Sandy.
She is still cute tho even if she can't smile.
I love the embossing on this one & that Spellbinders flower is wicked, wonderful card my friend.
Sheila xx

Deb said...

Fabulous card, I love the sweet Tilda image and pretty flower!
Hope you are having a great weekend! Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

Anonymous said...

Wow, aren't you glad you got that flower?! It's great. Beautiful Card! Amy P.