Thursday, February 26, 2009

Heading Home


Here is a good example of what happens to airbrushing if you try to "touch it up" with your blender pen. The blending solution will quickly run into your airbrushed area and leave what looks like a water spot.

I airbrushed the sky but had a spot that spit and was unable to hide it. When I attempted to thin the spot out, I wound up with a huge diluted area. So the answer is to take your blender pen and with a circular motion, swirl the entire airbrushed area. As you can see from the sky, it has a kind of puffy cloud look now. Not the look I was going for but at least I saved the scene.

8 comments:

Karen W said...

Beautiful and very well put together, I like the sky, came out really well.

SandyK said...

Beautiful scene. I like how the sky turned out. Nice and fluffy clouds.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scene Sandy!
Chris Notley

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I really, really like how your mistake turned out! Airbrushing the sky is lovely but sometimes it just looks too smooth, to me. This card makes the sky look more realistic - much more like New England skies. Thanks for the lesson in saving a gorgeous "mistake"!
Granbeads

Bonnie Brown said...

You are soooo....good!!! I would have given up!!! Beautiful card and I would not have known what happened by looking at it!! Such talent!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Like how the sky turned out-- it adds another texture to the scene.

Becky said...

Your work is gorgeous Sandy

Becky

Lenoria said...

I love your "puffy" sky look. Looks like a beautiful sunset.