Saturday, May 23, 2009

How to color Tilda faces with Copic markers

I have been asked by many of my followers how I color my Tilda faces with Copic markers. So I thought I would share with you the steps I take to do this. After each step I have listed the colors I used to do that samples hair. For faces, I use E000, E00, E02 and R20.

Step 1: Quickly color entire face with E00
Hair - E02, E99

Step 2: Add E02 to the edges and cheeks for shading
Hair - YR12, YR18

Step 3: Blend with E00 ONLY in the E02 area
Hair - E11, E17

Step 4: Color with E000 across the entire face
Hair - YR21, YR24

Step 5: Add R20 to the cheeks
Hair - E33, E37

Step 6: Blend the cheek color with E000
Hair - E21, E25

And don't forget to add the white dot for a cheek accent. I forgot in my sample. There are lots of ways to color Tilda, this is just what works for me. I hope you find it useful. You can click on the Magnolia label at the bottom of this post, and it will bring up all the cards I have done with Tilda. Have fun coloring with your Copics.

8 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

LOVE this Sandy, thanks for the fun tutorial!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Jan Scholl said...

Hopefully the colors I have will do the same as I have the Ciao markers. I was getting a muddy look when I tried to do ethnic faces and reverted to my Prismacolors. I just got a new Tilda today-the spring one with the chickies.

susan said...

Ah! Wonderful! Just what I needed! Thanks so much for this tutorial.

Unknown said...

You are such a big help Sandy!
Thanks for this.
Luv Viv xxx

LORi said...

Sandy!!! You are a genius!!! How smart!!!

Adorable little chart too!!!

HUGS!!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I hope everyone appreciates that you share your talents as much as I do. Thanks friend.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sandy,
Do you mind if I feature you and this tutorial on our blog?
Great job!
Heidi

Anjou Krelovich said...

Oh, wow. Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!