Friday, May 15, 2009

Stamping on Stampbord

Have you ever tried using Stampbord? It is a soft clay mounted on a very stiff board. You stamp your image, I use Marvy inks, add coloring and then with a special tool, scrape off the color leaving vivid white areas. It is a lot of fun to play with and with some awesome results. I thought I would share some of the cards I have made using Stampbord.

As you can see from my cards, it comes in a variety of shapes and sizes although they have now discontinued the round and oval shapes. Check the Stampscapes website to see if Kevin has any left for sale. You will also find lots of wonderful examples in the Stampbord gallery. All the images in the first 2 cards are from Stampscapes.

The snow leopard is from Coronado Island Rubber stamps. The birdhouse is from Impression Obsession rubber stamps and was inspired by a Ken Pesho creation.

2 comments:

Marika said...

oh Sandy


The cards are very beautiful, I love them all .

greetings from germany by Marika

Sandy Knecht said...

Your scenes are beautiful. That Snow Leopard looks so real. Great job!