Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am truly honored

Do you remember the stippled tags I posted a few weeks ago? Well, the amazingly talented Kevin Nakagawa from Stampscapes asked me for a scan of them to make into an advertising postcard. He includes them with orders to both advertise as well as give customers some ideas for stamp usage. Needless to say, I was very honored.

In yesterdays mail a whole packet of these arrived. I am totally blown away. They look spectacular and I cannot begin to tell you the pride I feel that Kevin thinks my art is worthy enough for this. He had told me he was sending me some to hand out in my Stampscapes classes but I expected the postcard to be a 1/4 sheet. This is a half sheet, 8.5 x 5.5 inches, just amazing!

Here is a look at the back, he listed how I made them and the supplies needed for them and he even listed my blog.

I want to say again how much fun the tags are to make, very quick with spectacular results. The small versions of the main focal stamps fit wonderfully on them and the new sentiments are the perfect finishing touch. So get those stamps out and have some fun.

14 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations Sandy, your work is amazing! I just LOVE these tags, thanks for all of your inspiration!

LOTS of hugs, Jennifer :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

You go, girl!! How awesome! I'm so impressed!! They look gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Bonnie Brown said...

Congratulations!! What a compliment to you from Kevin. Wow!! I am so excited for you!!!

Lisa Schipritt said...

Sandy...you do a wonderful job with Kevin's stamps...I am so glad that he found you and your work...enjoy the fame...keep up the great work....

Marcia said...

I am not surprised that Kevin did this for you, Sandy. Your work is beautiful and the tags are spectacular. I printed out the page you did on those just so I could drool in the invitingly magnificent colors. The large postcard shows them off well. Kevin has a big heart and you deserve this honor.

Sandy Knecht said...

What an honor, Sandy. Congratulations! This is well deserved, your artwork is terrific!

Linda Grady said...

Congratulations, Sandy. I think you deserve the honor,too. Those are awesome tags in great colors.

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations. This is an honor. Glad he did this as you are so deserving. Keep up the good work. Edna B.

Sandy Whalen said...

wow! That is great! Congrats Sandy!
They are awsome! :)

Sheila said...

Way to go Yoda.. Kevin knows great art when he see's it... these are stunning!
Kudos my friend.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Jenny Gropp said...

I am not a bit surprised! Your scenes are always stunning! What a thrill to be in print like that-- I would be doing a happy dance for a few days. Really Fantastic! YAY and Congrats to you! You are a Brayering Scene Queen!

Char Maguire said...

Oh, I knew these were destined for big things when you first showed them! Hey, can't be surprised that Kevin wants to use them, after all, he is a pretty smart guy!*LOL* And YOU are one fabulous Stampscapes artist, so sit back and enjoy your fame, it couldn't come to a nicer or more deserving artist!!!*VBG*

Holly said...

I got these in my order last week - totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, girlie!

Trish said...

Wow. What an honour to have Kevin ask for these! I'm excited for you.
Trish