Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another Brayered Stampscapes

For the month of July on my Stampscapes II Yahoo group, we made brayered scenes for our card swap. This is the scene I created for Ann.

I brayered Adirondack dye inks onto Xerox Heavyweight Matter Cover cardstock to create the background. For the top, I used Aqua and Stonewashed, for the bottom I used Lemonade, Sunset Orange, Rust and Espresso. Then I stamped the images with Marvy black ink. This time I also added some white highlights to the branches in the foreground, the nearest cow and the fencing. I thought it gave it some added interest.

The finished card is 5 x 7 inches. If you would like to try this technique, be sure to check out the first video on the right side of my blog. You can see me in action. Thanks for stopping by and thank you to all who take the time to comment.

6 comments:

slharriso said...

Hi Sandy, Beautiful, as usual. Love this scene--Well, actually I love all your work! You are so talented. Can't wait till Sunday. See you then. sandy

Trish said...

I love how the sky lightens gradually right down to the horizon. Great card.
Trish

Bonnie Brown said...

I just showed this to Larry. He says Wow! I love how you just know where to add this stamp and that one!!! It's your artistic eye that makes your stampscapes outstanding.

slharriso said...

Thanks for the great class at Scraptales today! You are a great teacher, and so patient with those of us who are just plain klutzes! LOL!! Can't wait till the next 3 classes! See you next Sunday. Love your sarah kay picnic girl. Adorable! For some reason, I can't seem to post over there. Have a great week. sandy ;^)

Melanie said...

Stunning!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh this is incredible. I love this scene. I grew up on a farm in N. IL and this is the perfect image. I was wondering what stamps these are? I am assuming stampscapes. Your cards are incredible.