Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mo Manning's Sinatra

How cute is this cat? This is another free digi stamp from Mo Manning. I just love this cat. I used to have a cat named Spooky, he would sit in my lap while I knitted and his head would follow the yarn. He would flex his feet and you could just see the gears turning. Eventually instinct would win out and he would pounce on the yarn, I would laugh and tell him no so he would let go. Then the process would start all over again. He was a great kitty.

Anyway, on to the card. I printed my image onto Cryogen white paper and colored with my Copics. I followed Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #35 for the card layout. My airbrush spit as I was adding the background color but I kind of like the look. I also airbrushed the scalloped border, the lace and the flower to match. Everything matches much better than what the photo shows. Finished size is 5 x 7 inches.

I just found out that my Ben "Sprinkling Love" won 2nd place in the Copic Buzz Mo Manning challenge. I won $10 to spend on her fabulous images. How exciting. Thanks go out to Barbara from Copic Buzz and Mo Manning for her sponsorship.

15 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Sandy-where on Mo Manning's site are the free digis? I looked and looked. I did send the link to my daughter so we can decide which to buy as I love the ones of her parents. So many of the digis are from Europe now and I have such a horrible credit card for fees outside US. So stick to US-Buy American!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really cute image and card, Sandy. I just downloaded and may give digi stamps a try with this one.

Funny, I had my airbrush spit the other day too, and I just left it that way. It was on a card for my niece's 16th birthday - I doubt she'll even notice it... ;-)

Anonymous said...

awww so sweet!! I just love this sweet little kitty!

Unknown said...

aaawww, sandy...this looks like my new little kitty cat! your coloring is amazing, lady...i want to be you when i grow up! ;)

thanks for playing along with my sketch again this week...i can't wait to see what you come up with next!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Mo Manning said...

Adorable, Sandy!! As I already expect from you :) Congratulations on your 2nd place win in the Copic Buzz Challenge.

Anyone looking for my free images should join my PCP and SNR groups (they are both listed in my blog sidebar. I often give out exclusive freebies to members.

Jennipher Lowery said...

That is truly an adorable image. I love the colors you used.

Unknown said...

Sandy, this is wonderful! I LOVE Sinatra and you've coloured her / him brilliantly.
Luv Viv xxx

Unknown said...

Oops! forgot to congratulate you on your 2nd place with the Mo Manning challenge! That card was destined for greatness, it's one of my favourites.
Luv Me xxx

Norine said...

this is just so cute love it
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Cute kittie, reminds me of our grandkids when he was a kitten. The layout is nice too. Edna B.

Sandy Knecht said...

Sandy the kitty is adorable. Your embellishments are perfect...spit and all!

Pam Varnell said...

OMGosh Sandy this is wonderful. Love that main image panel with the kitty cat. She is colored so beautifully. Love your pretty lacey ribbon and the pretty flower bling. This card is fabulous. So glad you played along with us this week. Hugs!!

Heather Huggins said...

I love this kitty one!!

Jenny Gropp said...

I downloaded this adorable kitty too. Totally cute card. I have never had a spit happen with airbrushing.... good to know it happend to the expert so I won't freak when it does happen thinking I caused it! lol!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Congrats on your second place!! I love your kitty too!!