Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vellum challenge

Over on the Sutter Yahoo group, there is a challenge to use vellum with your Sutter stamps. I decided to play this morning, when I should have been prepping for classes, but hey, a girl has to have some fun.



For my first card, I used this great Sutter Blue Jay stamp. I stamped it onto 36# vellum with Memories white ink. Then from the reverse side I dry embossed the image. I made the background paper by pouncing Copic alcohol ink onto glossy cardstock. Punched some decorative corners and I was done. Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.




For this next card, I stamped this wonderful Sutter Floral frame, again onto 36# vellum with Memories white ink. From the reverse I dry embossed the image and then added color with Memento markers. I pierced out the center area with a Pergamano 4-split tool. I think I will slide a photograph into that area. Once again, finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

I have forgotten how much fun vellum can be. Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Tess Davis said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! WOWsers...you make me want to pull out all my vellum and play with it again :)

Jenny Gropp said...

These look awesome. The background you created is the perfect soft touch to frame the bird. Oh, I wish you lived here.

Jenny Gropp said...

These look awesome. The background you created is the perfect soft touch to frame the bird. Oh, I wish you lived here.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Both cards are BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the punched effect on the vellum.

Hannah & I would LOVE to see a tutorial on it! :D

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Bonnie Brown said...

Oooh! Very nice!! Classy!!

Trena in Naperville said...

Beautiful!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!