Friday, January 8, 2010

Impression Obsession Spring Challenge


The challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog is Spring.  I think of flowers in bloom when I think of Spring so I used this wonderful Hummingbird stamp for my card.

I began by stamping the Swirl Background onto a white piece of card stock with Kiwi ink.  I colored the little buds with Copic R21.  Next I stamped the hummingbird image with Memento black ink and colored it with my Copics.
Trumpet blooms - R20, R21, R24
Leaves - YG03
Branch - E41
Hummingbird - YG03, R20, E000, E00

Then I created the red panel with my new Sizzix embossing folder.  I stamped the Thinking of You from the Anytime Sentiments Clear set with Versafine black, I wanted it nice and crsip.  I airbrushed the gems to match with R27.  Finished size is 6" square.

So get out your Impression Obsession stamps and play along.  You could win a $25 shopping spree at their shop.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the hummingbird stamp!

Shirley said...

Thanks for joining in the challenge! Your cards are always so beautiful. The vibrance of this one is needed with this cold weather. Brrrrr!

Sheila said...

Stunning as always Sandy, I love that embossing folder!! you little enabler you :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous!! I love it and the papers also.

Becky W said...

Wow, that is beautiful. I especially love it because I used to collect hummingbird stuff. I just love them and your picture looks so real.

Jenny Gropp said...

Your hummingbird is colored just right! Beautiful Sandy as always! So glad you played along in the Spring Challenge at IO!!! Your cards are always a beautiful addition!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love this humming bird stamp. The colors are beautiful. I especially like your varied layers!! Fantastic job!!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Sandy. Your hummingbird is gorgeous and I love that background stamp. Great job!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Sandy!!!