Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mo's Digital Challenge 16 - Shades of Gray

Our hostess this month over at Mo's Digital Challenge blog has set this weeks challenge as Shades of Gray.  I chose to use this marvelous digi image called Jack and Ginger

I sized my image using Adobe Photoshop Elements to fit into my Spellbinders Label Three die, then printed it onto Cryogen white paper with my inkjet printer.  I used an assortment of gray Copic markers on this image: C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, W1 and then just a hint of color on the skin with E000.  I airbrushed around the image with C2 before removing it from the die.

The patterned background was created with my Impression Obsession Cover a Card Greenery background stamp.  I stamped it with VersaFine Smokey Gray ink.  The embossed border is a Cuttlebug folder.  I airbrushed the flowers to match as well and added some silver findings and a charm for a little bling.  All of the grays I used match very well but I found out it is extremely hard to photograph gray.  Finished size is 6" square.

13 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love your Jack and Ginger. I think the shades of gray would be plain hard to create. You pulled it off beautifully. Very stunning!!

Becky W. said...

I love the old couple! Too cute. You are soooo good. What great ideas you have. Also, loved the french doors.

Dawn B. said...

Terrific card Sandy..Love your shades of gray.

Denise said...

I just LOVE it!! What a beautiful & Adorable card.
Hugs,
Denise

mckinkle said...

Love your card Sandy, FAB!

Keryn :D

Cathy said...

Sandy, perfect image for shades of grey :) Your coloring is always perfect and I love the silver details.

Elaine L. said...

So sweet! I love the silver accents and the blue-gray touches.

Sandy Knecht said...

This is one cool card, Sandy! I really like the gray tones. Everything about it is perfect.

Caryn said...

This is so sweet Sandy, the flower embellishment is perfect.

Oh and I love your candy containers above - I'm hoping to make some treat holders for the school fundraising and these are great little ideas. Thanks a lot.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

The Wired Angel said...

Terrific card and coloring Sandy and a great image for this challenge.

Julie said...

Beautifully created. One of my fav Mo images and I love your interpretation of the challenge! Gorgeous! Juliexx

Anonymous said...

Love the muted grays of this and the charms.........so elegant! amy

Jenny Gropp said...

THis is so good in the greys -- Beautiful! Love the flower and charm too!!!!