Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bug A Boo "Go for the Gold" challenge

Over at the Catch the Bug challenge blog for Bug a Boo stamps, their challenge this week is Go for the Gold/Olympic Theme.  I have been really enjoying watching the Winter Olympics.  When I was a kid, my Mom and I would be glued to the TV watching all the events.


So I came up with this quick and easy card.  I found a jpg of the Olympic rings and combined it with the little penguin (a freebie on BugABoo's Paper Craft Planet group) and this adorable snowman for sale in their store.  I printed my image onto Ice Gold paper, I wanted a true white and it has a lovely gold sparkle when you tilt the paper.  Copics used:
Penguin - C4, C0
Feet - YR16  Eyes - B14
Snowman - B000
Scarf - R29, B14
Arms - E43
Nose - YR16
Hearts - R29

Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  Be sure to check out the challenge for wonderful inspiration from the design team and play along to win free digi images from BugABoo stamps.

10 comments:

Justine said...

this is so fun, I love it and what a great idea

Unknown said...

This my friend, is a work of genius!
I'm not worthy!
Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Love the Olympics also and this is a good way to show it. Great Job as always. Edna

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

This card is brilliant! I love it. The Olympic rings were an inspiration.

Heidi said...

Sandy this is adorable! Just too darned cute.

Rae Anne said...

OMG - OMG - O. . .M. . .G!!! This is absolutly fabulous!!! I LOVE it!!!

Jodie Mackrell said...

I love this! I love how you combined digis too! great job! thanks for playing along!

Jenny Gropp said...

I love the Olympics and love this inspired card -- FAB job, Pinky! GO USA!

sgc said...

Great, great card! I love it! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Go for the Gold challenge.

Tammy Miller said...

Thanks so much for playing with us again. Your card is great.