Monday, May 24, 2010

Flower candy box

Today is Anything But a Card at BugABoo Stamps. Scrappy and I have come up with some great projects for you.


While at the Stamp and Scrap Art Tour a few weeks ago, I saw lots of incredible grunge flowers and wanted to try them out.  So I created this rose following the instructions by Wendy Vecchi.  I also picked up some clear pillow boxes.   I used a McGill flower punch to make the rose, so much easier than having to hand cut out the pieces.  The leaves are another McGill punch that I have stamps from Serendipity to match.  I colored both with my Copic airbrush.  Then I printed cute little BugABoo Brat Desiree Sitter onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  I traced the inside of my Spellbinders circle die around her and hand cut her out, then added the red circle that was cut out with the die.  The paper is from SEI.  I think it makes a very cute gift.  For more exciting ABaC ideas, visit the Catch the Bug Challenge blog.

10 comments:

Rae Anne said...

This is wonderful Sandy! The showy flower is simply gorgeous and the matching M&Ms are sooo cool! :D MWAH!

Catherine said...

This is absolutely delicious Sandy ! What a great idea... Your flower is simply stunning ! Smiles from Catherine

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

What a yummy creation! Luv the pretty flower and leaves.

xoxo,
Lori

Melissa S. said...

Love this Sandy. That rose is just fantastic. i love everything about this. great job.

Karen W said...

This is really pretty and your flower is gorgeous!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

What a great candy box! Love the image and you are becoming the queen of grunge flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute - did you eat all of the other m&m colors? Elaine W

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow this os gorgeous and love the DP, and wow that flower!
hugs
Sue x

kimberskraftroom said...

Absolutely adorable!

I am no good at cutting circles by hand. Thankfully I learned from Gina K that you can pencil mark the inside of the die lightly at her legs, hand cut her feet/legs and slip them up thru the middle of the die so that it doesn't cut them off. I hope that makes sense. Anything to make that hand cutting easier.

You did a great job with this one. I love it!

Scrappy said...

Great ABaC Sandy! The fLower is AWESOME! As always your work is exquisite!