Monday, June 7, 2010

Karen's Doodles Challenge 14 - Embossing

This week at Karen's Doodles Challenge blog our challenge is Embossing - Dry or Heat.  For my card, I chose to use Bigsby Cookies.  You can purchase this as a digi image as well as a rubber stamp.  It is never too early to start your Christmas cards. 



I sized the image and then printed it onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Bigsby - E41, E42, R20, E01
Hat - R29
Cookies - E13, E11
Plate - YR21, G24, R29

After die cutting him out with my Spellbinders Label Twelve die, I added Sugar Sparkly Fluff to the hat and pom.  I love this stuff, it is white with little flecks of black as well sparkly glitter.  The perfect fluff for Santa hats.  Using a 5 x 7 inch Christmas Countdown Cuttlebug embossing folder, I dry embossed a piece of Scarlett Coredinations paper.  Then I sanded off the raised area to reveal the lighter red core of the paper.  I created the Poinsettia with my Serendipity stamp and a McGill birch leaf punch.  I dry embossed them so they would have a rounded shape.  Finished size is 5x7 inches. 

Won't you please join in on the fun? You could win....
1st Place - 3 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
2nd Place - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
3rd Place - 1 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles

Winner's are chosen with Random.org. You must use a Karen's Doodles image and you must follow the theme.  Be sure to visit the Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has created.

7 comments:

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Cute card Sandy. I have just watched your video's they are awesome learnt heaps, thanks for sharing.
hugs
Sue x

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Sandy! Love the background!

majo said...

Great Card Sandy.
Love the digi too. Greetings Majo

Maria Matter said...

Adorable card Sandy!
love the embossed bg!
have a great day!
Blessings!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

It's a great card! Wow, are you ahead of the game with a Christmas card!! Love Bigsby and your colors!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW, this is so AMAZING, LOVE this image and your coloring just brings it to life!!

Zoe said...

Loooove the background and the flower and great colouring! hugs Zoe xxoo