Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mo's Digital Challenge #35 - Easel Card

This week over at Mo's Digital Challenge, our amazingly talented hostess, Sheila has challenged us to make an Easel card.  I love these, you can create any size or shape you want.


Using Mo's image, My Friend, I sized it to fit my Spellbinders Label 12 die and then printed it onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Fence - E41, E42
Girl - E000, E00
Hair - YR21
Sweater and socks - RV000, RV00, RV02
Skirt - G0000, G000
Shoes - G02, G000
Puppy - Y32
Vine - YG93
Daffodils - Y32, Y21, G40
Ground - G40, E51

I airbrushed B01 around the image before removing it from the Label 12 die.  To create the card, I started with a piece of card stock 4.25 x 11 inches.  I scored it at 2.75 and 5.5 inches and fold them both towards the center.  This creates the base.  Next I cut a piece of matching card stock 4.25 x 5.5 inches and that is the part that stands up with the image on it.  I attached my separate piece to the folded down part of the base and the card was formed.  This fabulous paper is from the 6x6 Basic Grey Capella collection.  I tried to match the soft muted tones in my Copic coloring.  I added some Shimmerz to the flower for some added bling.

I computer generated the saying "Just Peeking In..." and on the inside it says "To wish you a wonderful day"   Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches, it will lay flat to slide into an A2 envelope. 

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team and has come up with. I hope I have inspired you to give digi images a try.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy,

What a GREAT card, love the cover and the interior, your attention to detail is all over on this lovely!

Cathy said...

Sandy, this is gorgeous. Love the way the label die frames the image. Wonderful as always.

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love that image! You did a wonderful job. I love your elements, DP, colors; always!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Love that image! You did a wonderful job. I love your elements, DP, colors; always do!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful image, who wouldn't want that card for their birthday! AP