Monday, July 5, 2010

Karen's Doodles Challenge 18 - Bling It Up

This week at Karen's Doodles Challenge blog we have a fun challenge - Bling It Up.  For my card, I chose to use Karen's Christmas moose set.   You can get these images as rubber stamps as well as digi stamps; Christmas moose and Winter Scene.


I did something a little different with this card, I created the background in Adobe Photoshop Elements before I printed the image out, so the background was already done, I just had to color the rest of the images.  I love the gradient look to the background. 

Copics used:
Moose - E41, E42, E43, R21
Antlers - E71
Wreath - G07
Bow - R37
Tree - G40, G21
Snow - B0000
Moon - Y02, Y06

For the bling, I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the snow and snowflakes and Diamond Glaze to all the Christmas Bulbs.  I also added Stickles to the purple snowflake and Diamond Dust Glitter to the white snowflake.  Finished size is 6" square.

Won't you please join in on the fun? You could win....

1st Place - 3 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
2nd Place - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
3rd Place - 1 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles

Winner's are chosen with Random.org. You must use a Karen's Doodles image and you must follow the theme. Be sure to visit the Challenge blog to see what the rest of the design team has created.

Challenges:
Allsorts Challenge - Create a Scene
Dare U 2 Digi - The Great Outdoors

11 comments:

Sew This N That said...

Stunning card Sandy! I love the little light bulbs, so cute :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Very cute card! I love the light embellishment!! The moose is adorable. Great job!!

Tracy said...

What a great scene, love it!
Hugs
Tracy

Tracy said...

What a great scene, love it!
Hugs
Tracy

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful card! I luv how you have combined the digi stamps. Fab colours. Luv the x'mas lights.

xoxo,
Lori

brenda said...

Hi Sandy

What a really great card, such a happy Rudolph.

Thank you for joining in with my create a scene theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

cute card Sandy H!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Sheila said...

Fabulous! Yoda this moose is so stinking cute :-).. he needs to find his way into my inbox...lol,
Hugs
Sheila xx

majo said...

Hi Sandy. Gread card . i like the bling bling . greetings Majo

Fleur said...

Great card, love the image & your colouring is fab
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
Hugs Fleur xXx