Monday, August 23, 2010

Karen's Doodles Challenge 25 - Polka Dots

This week, our challenge hostess Joey at Karen's Doodles Challenge blog has given a challenge to use..................

Polka Dots


I decided to use Karen's Doodles Nutsy Fun Set to make a Swing card.  As you open the card, the center panel swings to reveal another image on the other side.


Using Adobe Photoshop Elements, I sized the images to fit the center panels, then printed them onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer.  Copics used:
Nutsy - E21, E33, R21
Acorn - E70, E21, E33, E37
Grass - G40
Present - R81, RV34

The flower is stamped with Shades Brownie dye ink from Sweet Stamps it perfectly matched my card stock.  The flower stamp is from Serendipity and I punched it out with the matching McGill punch.  I airbrushed RV34 to match the card stock.  Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches.  Here are pictures of the card closed for putting into an envelope

and all the way open

Won't you please join in on the fun? You could win....

1st Place - 3 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
2nd Place - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles
3rd Place - 1 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles

Check out the challenge blog for how to enter to win free images from Karen's Doodles and to see what the design team has created for you.

Challenges
Tuesday Throwdown - More than One Fold
Miami Doodles - Creative Card shape
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful swing card. I love it. Love your color combo and the image is just to die for.
The ribbon looks faboulus. It looks so soft!!
Well I just love it.
Have a fantastic day.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Anne said...

super cute Sandy, you did a great job. Love the trim, a great finishing touch to another perfect card
Anne x

Peri said...

I love this Sandy! I'm always stumped when it comes to swing cards but you've inspired me - maybe I'll give it a try! This is just brilliant!
Peri x

Nancy said...

Hi Sandy:O) Your card is fabulous!! Love that fold, but have not yet tried it out, thanks for inspiration;)
Those images are too cute, and your colouring is perfect. Cute details.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Joey said...

Hi Sandy

this is gorgeous, I love the fold! great colour combo.

Joey.xxx

Dorcas said...

THis is lovely! I have yet to master a swing card. Great work :-)

Sandy Whalen said...

So cute Sandy! And its PINK!! LOL

klarcher said...

adorable, you're really getting into the pink thing question of the day who named dots polka?

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

My fav colour!!! This card is beautiful. You should def make more pink creations because they are fab. The colouring on your image is beautiful. I luv the style of the card.

xoxo,
Lori

Bernadet said...

woww Sandy, what a gorgeous card.
I love the model of this card

Tracy said...

This is so clean cut looking! I love it, great colouring
Hugs
Tracy

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love Nutsy! He is darling in a swing card. You are always doing a new fold! I am so chicken. Anyways, love your color, "Pink Darling"! It is a perfect card.

Mami Doodles said...

So cute, thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous creation Sandy.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

majo said...

Hi Sandy. Love this model card. great coloring and pretty colors. Greetings Majo

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card, Sandy! Thanks for joining us at Mami Doodles! xx