Monday, January 24, 2011

Outlines Simply Square

Our team challenge this week for Outlines Rubber Stamp, is Simply Square; that is to use squares somewhere on our card.  Please stop by and visit the rest of the incredibly talented team and see what they have created for you.


Those of you who follow my blog posts know that I love tall cards, so I jumped at the chance to make a tall card with my square stamps.   First I decided what color scheme I wanted to use; I settled on mint green, lavender and fuchsia (not pink, lol) and black for framing.  Next I hunted through my collection of stamps and picked out E-400 Balloon Bouquet Sq. Large, C-238 Happy, C-239 Birthday and E-401 Candles Sq. Large.


I stamped the word stamps on all 3 colors of card stock, then trimmed the outer two rectangles off the fuchsia, the outer rectangle off the lavender and used all the mint rectangles as the base.  For the larger squares, I stamped them on mint and fuchsia, trimming the outer square off the lavender stampings.  I then stamped the larger squares onto Cryogen paper and trimmed just the inner square out to color.  I picked Copics that coordinated with the paper: RV13, RV17, BV01, BV04, G00, G02, Y13, YR04, YR18 and BG0000 for the background.

Using dimensional tape, I popped up each of the layers before mounting them on the card base.  You can see the wonderful dimension on the pic at the right, click on it for a closer look.

Again, I have created a wonderful card using only stamps and card stock.  No fancy paper needed.  Finished size is 4 x 9.25 inches; it fits a standard No 10 Business envelope.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Love this Sandy, it's so dimensional.
I used to make loads of tall cards then got stuck in the rut of square, you've inspired me lol
Anne x

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Great design! Love the card and stamps! I never think of making long cards; they are a nice change.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous card, Sandy. I love the images you used and the color scheme - even your not-pink pink ;-)

Jenny Gropp said...

Sorry Lady -but Fuchsia is pink! Love how you built the card using just images, you always do an amazing job utilizing the layers on Outlines images. The pic showing off the dimension is great, really gives a better perspective to all the work you put in to this one!

Sandy said...

You come up with the neatest ideas Sandy and I am always learning from you!
Sandy Dehon

Sandra1968 said...

This is beautiful and I love the 3D on your tall card.

Anonymous said...

What an unusual but beautiful card!!!! Such great design that must have taken a long time to create. I love it and I thank you for sharing it with me.

Joan
MN

Lisa Silver said...

Seriously fantastic card!!! I just love all your dimension!

Vicki G said...

Cool cool card! I love all the layers and how you did the long card! Great work!

Vicki