Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Karen's Doodles Bunny Basket


I made this card yesterday with Karen's Doodles new release called Bunny Basket.  Isn't she cute, I love those big feet!  Right after I made the card, I got bit by a nasty flu bug and spent the next 24 hours in bed and drugged. But I am feeling a little better and wanted to share the card with you.

I began by sizing and printing the image onto Cryogen paper with my inkjet printer. Copics used:
Bunny - E41, E42, R20, E04
Eyes - B00
Hat - YR21, YR23
Dress and Hatband - BV00, BV01, BV02
Basket - E21, E33
Flowers - RV32, B00, BV01
Grass - G40
Shadow - W1

I used two of my Cheery Lynn Designs doily dies to make the doily behind this cutie.  First I die cut my English Tea Party doily then I used an Inverted Scallop Circle Little Stackers die to cut out the center panel, just inside the stitching.  Next, I took a Circle XL Stackers die that was a bit larger than where the stitches are and cut a circle from the same pattern paper.  I centered this circle on my Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily and cut it out.  Then I simply glued them together.  I wanted the great purple paper to show through the doily.  The flourishes are punches, the flowers are from my stash.  I added pearl accents with my Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen.  Finished size is 6" square.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had the crud and hope it's better now. You did a good job on the card even though you were sick. Take care. Edna

Verna Angerhofer said...

So happy you got this beautiful creation done before you got ill. And, good to hear you are better. I just got some of the new doilies this week and started to play a little this afternoon, but I have a long way to go to get a great look like you achieved. Love the bunny too. Get well soon.

Auntie Em said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Love your cute card. The doily is awesome...I didn't know there were dies to cut them out with.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Karen W said...

This is adorable, she's so cute! I love the dies mixed up.

Anonymous said...

Really cute card - love the colors - elaine

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

She is so cute! Love her on the doily surrounded by the flowers and pearsl!

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling a better now Sandy... I adore this card...that bunny image is the cutest little thing ever... fabulous project!

Bev Gerard said...

Such a darling bunny card, Sandy!
Hope your "stuff" is getting better! I know just what you mean ... ugh.

~Bev

Sandra1968 said...

This card is very cute :-)