Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs Card Maker Stackers Dies

If you are layer challenged when making your cards, the Cheery Lynn Designs Card Maker Stackers are the dies for you.  They come in Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle.  I only have the Scalloped set so that is what I used on my card for today.

I picked my card stock and 3 sheets of paper from My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Mabel 6x6 collection.  Then it was just a matter of cutting out some panels.  For the background of my card I used the largest Scalloped Square XL Stackers Nesting die and a fourth patterned paper from the same collection.  Usually I put the scallops on the outside but I like this look.  An easy way to get the rectangle around the scalloped panel is to lay the die flat on the paper and trace around it.  Then trim it out and you have a perfect card stock panel to mount your scalloped pattern piece.  Now the fun part, move the panels around on the card until you get a look you like. 

I decided to use the plaid panel for my image, it was the perfect size, adding a ribbon for her to sit on.  I stamped Magnolia's Tilda with Puppy onto Cryogen paper with Memento Tuxedo black ink and trimmed her out.  Copics used:
Tilda - E000,. E00, R20, white Glaze pen
Hair - YR21, YR24
Bibs - BG000, BG72
Heart - E08
Top - YR12, YR18
Shoes - E43, E44
Puppy - YR21

I airbrushed the flowers from my stash to match as well as the gems.  I used my Scalloped Circle Little Stackers Nesting die to create the sentiment panel, again tracing the die for the panel behind it.  The words are from Hero Arts.  The last step was the leaves, die cut using my Dimensional Large Leaves set.  I added some Vintage Photo Distress ink to the edges for some accents.  Finished size is 6" square.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS CARD! The picture, colors and layout are perfect. I'm starting to layer more these days and like the results. Edna B.

anja said...

sandy
nice card
great
gr anja

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this card Sandy!