Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Fun with Texture

For my card today, I wanted to use my new Blacked Eyed Susans embossing plate from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I decided to also use my Core'dinations Black Magic color core paper. This is such fun paper, black on the outside and a wide range of colors on the inside.  I chose a rich butter color that I associate with black-eyed susans.  So with the black side up, I embossed the card stock then took my Core'dinations Sand It Gadget and sanded the paper so the yellow core appeared.  Too cool! 


Because the embossing plate is so large, 5 7/8 x 7 1/2 inches, I was able to create a background for a 6" square card.  Using my Potted Flowers Die, I created these great flowers, dry embossing the back to give them some roundness.  I added some texture to the centers with my Large Circle Stitcher plate, again sanding the top to let the yellow show through.  I die cut the leaves using Large Dimensional Leaves 2, adding a bit of Black Soot Distress ink to the edges.  Using my Oval Silver Stackers and a piece of green core Black Magic paper, I die cut the oval panel, adding texture with my Large Oval Stitcher plate and again sanding the paper to let the green show through.  I backed this with a green panel cut with my coordinating Large Scallop Oval Stackers die.  To create the corner pieces, I die cut a circle using my Little Stackers Circle die, adding texture with my stitcher plate and sanding so the yellow shows through.  I then cut it into quarters and used one for each of the corners.  The last step was to find an image that would work with all of this, lol, backwards I know but I was having fun with all the textures.  I decided on this very vintage digi image from Sugar Nellie called Grace Standing.  Isn't she adorable?  I sized and printed her onto Cryogen paper and colored her with Copics:
Grace - E000, E00
Eyes- B12
Hair - E11
Coat - G40, YR21
Dress, Stockings and Bow - YR20, YR21
Socks - G40
Shoes - W1

The last step was to add some Gold pearl accents with my Viva Decor Pearl pen.  Finished size is 6" square.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will try some texture in your life.

7 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

I love all the 'textures'! Your card is truly elegant. Love that Black Magic Paper. You have really shown how to use so many of Cheery Lynn's dies. Wow!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW Sandy! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the embossed/sanded background!! So pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and like the way the stitches plate adds to the picture.
Edna

klarcher said...

wow,wow,wow, so absolutely gorgeous

Karen W said...

This is totally cool, I guess I need to get my paper out and play. Beautiful card!!

Sandra1968 said...

This card is beautiful!

NanaConnie said...

Love the Black Magic paper! It does such incredibe things for your focus image. Such great coloring, too.
Also, just want you to know I'm passing along a Versatile Blogger Award! If you stop by my blog (3-18-11 posting) you can snag it to post on your blog. Always love the inspiration I get from you. :-) Thank you.