Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs Nightlight part 2

Last week I showed you the glass block nightlight I had decorated with Cheery Lynn Designs dies.  Well, I thought I would share the other side of the block with you today.  It is now finished.


I started with the new Lattice Circle Frame, trimming it to fit the block.  I added a piece of 36# vellum behind the lattice to help defuse the light.  Next I added two Tropical Flourish die cuts and then layered the Grass Border along the bottom.  The last step was these gorgeous butterflies from the Exotic Butterflies Small set to which I added vellum inserts using the coordinating Angel Wing sets.  I colored the vellum using my Memento dye ink markers.  And here is how beautiful it looks with the light on..........


I purchased my glass block, stand and light from Hobby Lobby.  But a Google search on Krafty Blok will turn up many sources to purchase them.  This block is about 6" square.