Friday, August 26, 2011

Cheery Lynn Designs Fall Leaves

Jeannie had a family engagement so I am filling in for her today.  The weather in Michigan is starting to get cool at night and I noticed leaves are changing colors.  So I decided to play with my Dimensional Leaves die sets.


I die cut a variety of leaves using shades of orange and gold cardstock, then added additional color with a stipple brush and dye inks.  This is a lot of fun and messy, lol.


For the card base, I used my Scalloped French Flair XL Stackers Nesting dies, adding a background DP die cut with the coordinating French Flair Silver Stacker.  Before mounting the DP I added some texture with my Dotted Swiss XL Embossing plate.  Next I added an English Tea Party Doily, mounting a Sunflower with dimensional foam in the center.    Then it was just a matter of adding the leaves, bending and layering them around the sunflower.  Finished size is 5 5/8 inches. 

6 comments:

Karen W said...

Gorgeous, they look so real!!

Becky W. said...

Beautiful!!!! The leaves look so real. Love the card even tho I'm not ready for fall yet.

ednamburgess said...

Very pretty. Love the colors of the leaves. Will have to try it. Edna

Newbie said...

Love the card! Soooo pretty with the shaped base and the doily! Colors are beautiful, and so are the leaves and flower. LOVE fall colors, just NOT the gathering of the leaves! :)

Dawnll said...

I love those leaves and the fun colors of ink you used to make them so realistic.
Thanks for sharing
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Linda Grady said...

This looks like a fun project to make the leaves. Love your card, too. Beautiful colors.