Thursday, May 31, 2012

Floral Card version 2

Yesterday I shared a card with you I had made with the new Cheery Lynn Designs Spring Flower Burst Doily and Build a Flower dies.  I had wanted to add some gems or something to the four open spaces on the doily but did not have anything that looked right.  So I stopped by Sweet Stamps yesterday and picked up some Candi's and this is the new version of the card.


You can see how the four Candi's on the flower bursts of the doily finish it off.   I used the white metallic Candi's from the Lavender & Lace set; I airbrushed them with my Copic marker to match the card stock.  It is amazing what an impact a simple little embellishment can have.  You can see the original version in yesterday's post

I want to thank each of you for supporting my blog and my crafting passion.  I enjoy reading your comments and checking to see how many visitors I have each week.  I hope you have a wonderful summer (or winter for my Down Under readers) and yet still find time for some crafting!

Challenges:
Truly Scrumptious - Pretty in Pink
Oozak - Spring Colors
Shopping our Stash - May Flowers

4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I loved the card before but it is awesome now. I have that doily and also the flower set but have not had the time to work with them much. So this is a great inspiration to me. I did do another card though today for a wedding and like you had problems with the extra bling I wanted, so since I have Candis on hand I maybe could change the color on mine as well that way. Wow! This is my lucky day for learning new things and being inspired. Thanks so much.

Lenoria said...

The difference in the card with the "bling" is astounding. I love your little basket but the card is gorgeous! I really enjoy reading your blog.

jimlynn said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!! Love all the pink and the way you framed out the sentiment. The flowers are so lovely and the centers over the top beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Alica said...

wonderful! Great flowers and I love the lacy die cuts too!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs,
Alica ;)