Thursday, August 23, 2012

My First Zentangle


I am going to take a Zentangle class online from Marie Browning at My Creative Classroom.  The art of Zentangle has always intrigued me and this is the perfect chance to learn.  I was able to find a local supplier and instructor here in mid-Michigan and stopped by to get my supplies.  Imagine my surprise to find out that "pre-strung circle tiles" were not circles with a hole and string on them.  They are actually tiles with starter patterns on them, lol.  So using one of the pre-strung regular tiles (it is 3 inches square), I tried to do my first Zentangle.  Not too bad for winging it, lol.  I am truly anal so it is hard for me to do things that are not perfectly symmetrical and even.  I look forward to class starting and learning the proper way to 'Tangle.  

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to sign up for my $600 Blog Candy giveaway to celebrate my 1000th blog post. Be sure to tell your friends.

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sandy, looks like fun!

Sue

Sandie said...

This looks fantastic Sandy!

KristyLee said...

Way cool looking Sandy!!

lindagrady said...

Think your first try is pretty good, Sandy. Remember scribbling in class when much younger, not knowing it was going to really turn into something. Who knew?' Have fun in class.

ednamburgess said...

WOW! Great job, especially for your first try. I'm sure mine wouldn't turn out that well. You go gal. Edna