Monday, September 23, 2013

Halloween Haunted House


I decided to take a break from the madness of home repairs and play with my new embossing powders and book board cut outs from Globecraft Piccolo.  I love their embossing powders, they are such a wonderful mix of blended colors.  I started with this adorable House Haunting Ornament.  I trimmed off the hanger on the top to just make it a frame.  I embossed the base with Vintage Black embossing powder.  I added a bit of Turquoise Lagoon embossing powder to the moon in the sky and to the base of the house. Next I glued the plastic dome down on the frame.  Using Starry Sky embossing powder, I covered the second frame which I then glued over the edge of the dome.  It is really hard to get a good pic of the beauty of the embossing powders and the frame.  I added a couple of Happy Pumpkin Accents, which I covered with Orange 3D Enamel Gel for a lovely shiny effect.  I did the same thing with the bats from the Halloween House Haunting Accents by adding Mars Black 3D Enamel Gel.


Now for my card construction, I started with a 5.75 inch square purple base.  I added a piece of patterned paper from the WeRMemory Keepers Spookville 6x6 paper pad.  Next I added a Cheery Lynn Designs Spider Web Mesh border and Ornamental Gate.    And that was about it!  Thanks for stopping by.  Now back to my repairs!

6 comments:

ednamburgess said...

Really cute. Of course I love the purple too. Great card. Edna

Sandie Edwards said...

Ohhh love the embossing, what a fabulous spooky card. Envious we don't celebrate Halloween here, it always seems such fun!

Cynthia Margaron said...

I am not a fan of Halloween. But, of your card? LOVE IT! The embossing is wonderful. I love the fence and the paper is perfect to go with it.
Hugs,
Cynthia
http://handmadecardsbycynthia.blogspot.com/

Bonnie Brown said...

Gorgeous!! Love how the haunted house is dimensional and pops.

Gitte said...

Great card.

Bj said...

This is one of the best Halloween cards ever! Love that emobssed haunted house!