Friday, November 22, 2013

Cheery Lynn Designs Mexican Tile and Poinsettias


Today I have a card for Cheery Lynn Designs.  I started with a green card stock base, 5 x 7 inches.  I added a metallic white panel that I embossed with my Poinsettia embossing plate.  Be sure to click on the picture to see the beauty of this embossing.  It really is lovely.  Next I die cut my Mexican Tile Pattern frame from green card stock and using spray adhesive, attached it to a red card stock base.  Then I just trimmed it on the diagonal and attached it to my card.  I think this pattern looks a lot like poinsettias.


Using red card stock, I die cut my Poinsettia Strip die two times.  This gives you enough petals for four flowers but I only needed three for my card.  I added a couple of green Holly leaves and then pieces of my Holly Lace Flourish.  Kind of classy I think.  

Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out this week's Tag you're It challenge for a chance to win a $20 credit to the Cheery Lynn Designs store.

8 comments:

Karen W said...

Very pretty and yes those do look like poinsettia on the Mexican tile. Very classy card!!

ednamburgess said...

So beautiful. Love the design. simple but elegant. Edna B.

Judy Corner said...

I love the rich colours of this card Sandy along with the poinsettias. Love the card and thanks so much for your kind words on my Blog. Happy Weekend, Judy x

lindagrady said...

OMG; this is so gorgeous, Sandy. Hope you don't mind if I try - try is the key word - to CASE it for my mother's Christmas card.

jonim52 said...

Oh, what a pretty design, Sandy. Love the look of this card. The poinsettias are gorgeous!

Bea38 said...

I love the embossing, ans qour poinsettias are beautiful !
A lovely card !

Bj said...

As always, your card is classy and elegant as well as beautiful!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful Sandy, the white card works so well with the green and red. Very elegant x