Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Piccolo Fun in the Sun


One of the new releases from Globecraft Piccolo this month is the At the Beach Accents.  You get a lot of pieces in this set and can create lots of fun in the summer projects.  I used the palm tree island as the main focus on my card.  Using a paint brush, I painted Enamel Powder Adhesive Fluid on just the island portion and heat embossed it using Brownstone Enamel.  Love the flecks of white and dark brown in this powder; I thought it made a good beach.  Painting just the palm fronds, I heat embossed them with Mossy Glen Enamel.  For the tree trunks, I added Burnt Umber 3D Enamel Gel.


To create my little scene, I used my Sweet Stamps Tropical Getaway clear stamp set.  First I created a horizon line with a mask and then  using my Copic makers, B00 and B01, I added the water.  Next I stamped the sun in the sky and colored with my Copic Y15.  I glued my island down on the card stock and then stamped the fronds in the foreground, coloring them with Copic G24.  


I stamped a few birds in the sky and then using Cheery Lynn Designs Tags 2, I created the little Fun in the Sun tag.  My last step was to add a drop of Turquoise 3D Gel Enamel to the tag.  Finished size is 4.25 x 5.5 inches. 

1 comment: