Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs October 2014 New Release


Today is new release day at Cheery Lynn Designs and there are some great new dies for your shopping pleasure, lol.  My cards today use the new Snowflake Wonder Doily, set of 2 dies.  


You will notice you get two dies in the doily sets now; an outer frame with a fancy insert.  You have the option of only cutting the outer frame which leaves a solid center.  Or you can take the die cut outer frame; align the insert and die cut it again for a fabulous detailed doily.

 
Beginning with a card base cut from my Scalloped Square Stackers, I cut the outer frame and mounted it onto a burgundy square.  Then I cut the center die out of a white square and mounted that onto burgundy card stock.  I popped it up with dimensionals.  I created a layered snowflake using Snowflowers Set One, Snowflowers Set Two, Snowflake #7, and Snowflakes adding dimensionals between the layers. Finished size is 5 5/8" square.


Another fun thing you can do with the center insert from the Snowflake Wonder Doily is create openings.  Here I die cut the insert three times to create a border.  You could also use it to cut a fancy window in your card front.


This card is 5 x 7 inches and 3 of the inserts fit perfectly.  I added the largest Horizon Fishtail Banner (Set of 3), airbrushing some color before removing the paper from the die.  Then I added Noel using a Double Sided Adhesive Sheet on the back of the card stock before die cutting it out.  I added a bit of bling and I was all done.

Be sure to visit the Cheery Lynn Designs blog for more inspiration from the new release and then hurry on over to the Cheery Lynn Designs store with your shopping list. 

2 comments:

Gitte said...

They looks beautiful. Beautiful cards.

Bea38 said...

These new dies look very versatile and I can see they inspired you for all those beautiful cards.
Thanks so much for yout visit and your kind words.