Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Exciting News

I am a semi-finalist for the new Heartfelt Creations design team.  I am so excited, I love their papers, stamps and matching dies.  It is so easy to create amazing projects with them. 


Today I want to share the beginnings of my next project.  This is another 6 x 6 inch mini-album which I am going to donate to Basset Hound Rescue of Michigan for their auction in May.  I am using papers from my Heartfelt Creations All Geared Up 12 x 12 paper pack.  I created these gorgeous flowers using my Heartfelt Delightful Daisies stamps.   I stamped them with Memento Rich Cocoa onto text weight Cryogen metallic paper.  Then cut them out with my matching Delightful Daisies dies.  Using Distress Ink, I colored the center of the flowers with Gathered Twigs and the petals with Peacock Feathers.  I shaped the petals with a stylus tool and then glued them together turning them so the petals alternated.  Flower Soft in the centers finished them off.  For the leaves I used Pine Needles, Gathered Twigs and Mustard Seed and a bit of shaping with the stylus tool as well.


I stamped this wonderful basset hound image called Watch Hounds from Stampa Rosa with Memento Tuxedo black ink onto Cryogen metallic card stock.  I stamped it a second time so I could 3D the center basset.  I colored the image with my Copic markers and mounted it onto a panel from my All Geared Up paper pad.  I added a little bone embellishment below the center basset hound.


You can see that I have lots of pages to embellish and insert tags to make as well as journaling panels.  I am sure it is going to be hard to part with this when I am done.  Thank you as always for supporting my blog and I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful.

Challenges entered:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes w/ an Animal
Through the Craft Room - Anything Goes
Crafting from the heart - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Congrats!!! I love your album cover. The Bassets are adorable. Heartfelt has such beautiful flowers. You color and shape them to perfection!! Good luck!!

ednamburgess said...

Haven't seen this before. Love the picture of the 3 dogs. Nice of you to donate it. So cute. As always,great color combinations. Edna B.

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful creation and have voted for you . All the best
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Barbara said...

I have voted for you. I have followed your work for years and it is always beautiful. You have quite a talent and would really be an awesome addition to the HFC design team. This is just another wonderful creation from Sandy!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Congrats Sandy and what a stunning mini book. Your flowers, leaves and paper choice coordinate so well with your dogs. I'm sure this will be the talk of the rescue when they receive it. My votes in for you as I'd love to see more of your designs with Heartfelt products. Good luck.
Julie x

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Wonderful creations, Sandy! Congratulations on being a semi finalist and all the best in the voting!
Tracey Fehr

Nancy Hill said...

Exciting and you got my vote. This is another winning card. Love the hound dogs.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulation and I hope you make the final team. I did vote for you. I love what you are doing with the Heartfelt Creations products too. This project is really outstanding.

lindagrady said...

What a wonderful project in honor of your basset hounds; love the cover. Maybe you can win the bid in the auction to get it back - lol.
Congrats on being a semi-finalist; love Heartfelt Creations stamps/dies. You would fit right in on their team; going to vote now.

Kaye said...

Congrats, Sandy! I was thrilled to see your name on the semi-finalist list. I think your work is inspiring and wish you well....and you have my vote!

Amy said...

This is a favorite of mine because of the doggy theme. The beautiful work you do is amazing.

Amy said...

This is a favorite of mine because of the doggy theme. The beautiful work you do is amazing.