Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adventures in Stamping

Spring has arrived in the Midwest so I have been very busy in my gardens and yard. But this past weekend I drove 233 miles (one way) to Akron, Ohio to the Adventures in Stamping convention. My main reason for going was to watch and visit with Kevin Nakagawa, owner and amazing artist for Stampscapes Rubber stamps. I shopped the show and then spent about 1 1/2 hours watching Kevin teach his art. I have been in love with Stampscapes since the spring of 2005 when I saw an advertisement in Rubber Stamp Madness.
It was such a thrill to watch Kevin in action.

I was very excited to see the Yahoo group Idea Card sets displayed in Kevin's booth, I am honored to have 6 of my scenes included in these sets. Kevin hosted a contest and these 36 scenes were voted the best out of all the entrants. It was so much fun to participate in the contest and it was so generous of Kevin to do this for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I would love to see Kevin work. Maybe someday. So cool to see our Idea cards displayed too. what an honor

Sandy W.

Anonymous said...

How exciting that you had the opportunity to see Kevin teach and a big congrats on having your 6 scenes included in Kevin's display. Keep up the great work!!! Anne