Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sneak Peek


I have been working on a Stampscapes scene that is a full sheet of paper, 8.5 x 11 inches. It is for a swap on my Stampscapes II group so I cannot show you the whole thing yet but I thought I would give a sneak peek. This cute little guy is from Gray Wolf Graphics, my favorite company for realistic animals. They do not have a website but you can call 269 637-2740 for a catalog. Copic markers that I used: For his back, tail and breast I used E55 Light Camel, his belly is E11 Barely Beige which I also used over the Light Camel to blend them together. His face is E41 Pearl White, beak and feet are YR23 Yellow Ochre. Now to the rocks he is standing on, I love to color rocks, I just keep adding colors until I get something I am happy with. I started with a base color of E70 Ash Rose. Next I added E71 Champagne in the shadow areas. G82 Spring Dim Green was used for the lichen on the rocks . I also used E11 Barely Beige here and there for highlights. The last step was to reapply the base color, Ash Rose, to blend them all in. The water is BG000 Pale Aqua, oh, and I used G82 Spring Dim Green on the grass tufts in the water. I will give another sneak peek soon and reveal the entire scene once my swap partner receives it. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Sandy Knecht said...

I cannot wait to see the whole picture. I love what you have done so far. It is excellent. I sure wish I could have a couple days with you. I sure have a lot to learn. Thank you for the preview. It's awesome.