Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Watering Can Bouquet

Using a stamp from this months Great Impressions board and my new Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped on Curious Cryogen White paper. Memento is a fade-resistant dye ink that dries very quickly. I really like it with Copics, I did not heat set it at all and immediately started coloring. I got just a little bit of smear where the ink was heavy. But it is perfect for use with alcohol markers. It comes in both a full size and the smaller dew drop. I used the designer paper Porcelain Dot from BoBunny as color inspiration. Copics used for the flowers are R21 Sardonyx, R22 Light Prawn, R24 Prawn, R27 Cadmium Red, B63 Light Hydrangea, B34 Manganese Blue, Y32 Cashmere and Y29 Napoli Yellow. The can is done with C0 and C2 Cool Gray's. Leaves are YG23 New Leaf and YG25 Celadon Green. Since I used a Cool Gray to color the watering can, I chose to outline the entire image using W1 Warm Gray. Finally I created a mask with a Spellbinder's Oval Nestabilities die and airbrushed B000 Pale Porcelain Blue around the base of the pitcher to anchor it on the paper. Using the Scroll & Leaf Background stamp, again from Great Impressions, and Pink Grapefruit Versa Magic ink, I created the horizontal panel on the card. Everything is layered and mounted on Flamingo Bazzill cardstock, the main image is raised using pop dots. Using my airbrush and R22 Light Prawn I colored a flower from Prima, added 2 leaves also from Prima, some rhinestones and the card was done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous & PINK!!! to boot Sandy..lol.
Sheila xx

shulsart said...

Not pink, flamingo, a beautiful coral color, definitely not pink, haha. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Flamingo...that's just 'Posh' for pink woman..ha ha.

Sheila xx