Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stamping weekend with friends

I spent 4 glorious days stamping with my friends, Karen, Sandy W and Pat in Savanna, IL. I took my Copics and airbrush system and we got creative. Here are a few of the scenes I completed. This one I call Turtle Creek. The turtles on the log are from Stamping Sensations, everything else is from Stampscapes and of course I colored with Copics. I think this scene has great depth, it measures 8 x 5 1/2 inches.


This scene I call Seaside Walk, the mountains and branches are from Sutter Stamps, the hill on the right, the seagulls and the pattern on the path are from Stampscapes, the sailboat is Alextamping and the rest of the images are from Creative Impressions. I am hoping to track down some of these images from Creative Impressions to purchase for my own. They are amazingly detailed English Countryside stamps, several more that could be used with these. I so want a set of my own. This scene measures 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.


This last scene I call Wolf Watch, the wolves are from Coronado Island, the mountains are Sutter and the rest are from Stampscapes. I tried something new with the sky, I airbrushed 3 shades of purple to get a kind of twilight feel to the scene, definitely "out of the box" for me. The finished size is 5 3/4 x 6 1/4 inches.

We had a wonderful stamping weekend, the art produced was fabulous and I will truly treasure our time together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being there watching Sandy create these was awesome! She is so talented! We had a wonderful time... lots of great ideas... lots of good food and wonderful friendships.

Sandy W.