Monday, June 9, 2008

Lighthouse cove

Wish I could be sitting on this beach right now, it is hot and humid and stormy in the Midwest. I began with the lighthouse from Repeat Impressions creating a mask before cleaning off my stamp. Once I had it masked, I used my stamp positioner to stamp the huge Seaside Cove stamp from Stampscapes to create the water and shore. I added a grass texture and the sand pattern then the fence for some interest. The water looked too big and open so I added the distant mountain. I colored the water, sky, sand and grass with my air brush and Copic markers. The only single marker work was the rocks, lighthouse and mountain. I added the pine branches last to draw the eye into the scene. The finished size is 6.5 x 8.5 inches.

1 comment:

Sandy Knecht said...

I think your scene is Marvelous! You were absolutely right to add the mountain in the distance. Great addition.