Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sketches Challenge #53


This card is for Tamara's Sketch challenge for today. I started off with a pretty basic card, just the Cuttlebug background, the patterned papers and the flower. Then I added the metal flourishes (round paper clips bent outward and colored with my gold Copic marker) and it still looked plain. So next came the concave corner punch and the 2 rhinestones, better but it still looked too plain. So I added the 3 rhinestones on the bottom striped panel, improving but now the top panel looked naked, lol. So I used my Nestabilities to punch out the Thank You and added another rhinestone. Well, for heavens sake, now the bottom panel looked too plain again so I added the ribbon and I found balance, hurrah! I am happy with the final result. Be sure to check out Tamara's blog for more examples.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cute, too funny...so you! :) LOL

Sandy W

Sandy Knecht said...

Nice job Sandy. Your sweating the final result paid off!

Unknown said...

You sounded just like me!!!
Viv xxx (great result)!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely amazing!! I love the metal you added!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sketches!