Saturday, July 19, 2008

Merry Moose



I have this wonderful little moose from Repeat Impressions so I decided to make a card around him. Using Curious Cryogen White paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped then masked him. Next, using a mask made from an oval Nestabilitie die, I airbrushed the shadow below him using E70 Ash Rose. Then I cut out and embossed the square, again using a Nestabilitie die. While he was still in the die, I pounced Brilliance Sky Blue around him. The next step was coloring (my favorite part). The little guy is E11 Bareley Beige, shaded with E33 Sand. His antlers are E43 Dull Ivory, the Christmas lights are R46 Strong Red, G24 Willow, B24 Sky and YR04 Chrome Orange. I used the same red and green for the holly and his collar is Y18 Lightning Yellow. I used my Olive Multi Liner pen with the brush tip to color the string of the lights. The designer paper with the words is from Die Cut with a View but I am not sure about the other, no label. I used my airbrush to color the small rhinestones as well as the ribbon. What do you think, isn't he just the cutest thing? I think as a last step, I will use Ranger Glossy Accents on the Christmas lights to give the appearance of glass. Thanks for dropping in.

2 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Sandy,
Your card is just darling! LOVE the holiday paper and sweet Riley image.

Hugs Jennifer :)

Sandy Knecht said...

Getting ready for Christmas in July. I like your reindeer!