Friday, July 11, 2008

The Country Life


Today I got a little bit of time to stamp out this scene before my friend whisked me off on a designer paper buying trip, mention 20% off and I am there! Anyway, the house and the barn are from Art Impressions The path leading up to the house is a newly released Sutter Stamp and the rest are from Stampscapes. Of course I stamped this with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Beckett Expressions Radiance paper and colored with my Copics. I used a lot of colors in this scene, but it is just a little less than a half sheet of paper so there was a lot to color. The barn is a mix of E43 Dull Ivory and E44 Clay. The house is B91 Pale Grayish blue, B95 Light Grayish Cobalt and B97 Night Blue. I used Y21 Buttercup Yellow for in the windows. The chimney is E19 Redwood. The trees to either side of the barn and the house are bare trees on the stamp, but I used just the top of Stampscapes Black Oak 245B to create the foliage. I got it a little heavy around the house but I will definitely use this stamp for that purpose in the future. The trees are a mix of G82 Spring Dim Green and G24 Willow. The grassy areas are a mix of G40 Dim Green, E51 Milky White and G21 Lime Green. I used E70 Ash Rose and E11 Barely Beige for the rocks and the path is E50 Egg Shell, shaded with E51 Milky White. I took my Copic black Multi Liner and drew some lines in the path to break it up. Oh, and I used E37 Sepia for the horse and the tree trunks, finishing off the small branches with the Copic Sepia Multi Liner pen, which I also used on the wheel in front of the barn. The last step was to airbrush the sky with B21 Baby Blue. I used to agonize over skies or fill the scene so full that I did not have much sky left. But with my airbrush system, with just a little effort I have a cloudy looking sky. Just love the effect.

3 comments:

Sandy Knecht said...

This is a beautiful composition. Your colors are so smooth and yes, the sky is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your Blog is amazing lady,
Only problem is it cost's me a small fortune...
you really are a red hot momma enabler...lol.

Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Love how you fill in those bare trees Sandy! Beautiful!

Sandy W.