Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sutter Cowboy

Here is my Sutter cowboy again. I really like this stamp and it colors up so well. I think this would make a good guy card despite the flowers. The floral frame is from Sutter as well. Stamping the images with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black onto Beckett Expressions Radiance paper, I cut a mask for both the floral frame and the cowboy. Using my airbrush, I colored around the cowboy with B21 Baby Blue. Since I like a man in denim, I gave him a denim jacket and jeans using B93 Light Crockery Blue, also his hat band. His hat, gloves and chaps as well as the ground below the horse are E31 Brick Beige. The horse is colored with E35 Chamois, I just created shading by adding layers of the same color until I got a look I was happy with. I used E50 Egg Shell for the blaze on the horse, I thought the white of the paper was too stark. Using a Sepia Copic Multi Liner I colored in the rope and the horses bridle. His boots are E77 Maroon and the stirrups are C4 Cool Gray. For his face I used E00 Skin White shaded with E02 Fruit Pink. For the daisies I used Y08 Acid Yellow and Y38 Honey. The leaves are YG63 Pea Green, the wooden frame is E35 Chamois and the background is B21 Baby Blue. By using the same colors in the frame as in the scene within the frame, everything ties together. My last coloring step was to take a W3 Warm Gray marker and outline the floral frame, it gives the image some depth. I added ribbon that I colored with my B21 Baby Blue marker, some roping and square copper brads for a masculine feel. So what do you think?

1 comment:

Sandy Knecht said...

Your framed cowboy turned out fabulous! Thanks once again for the color numbers. Beautiful.