Monday, July 28, 2008

Moose Walk

I designed this scene around this wonderful moose family out for a stroll. All the stamps are from Repeat Impressions. I stamped this on Curious Cryogen White paper with Memento black ink. Stamping the moose first, I then used a stamp positioner to add the ground below them. Of course, I used Copics to color this scene, the moose are E43 Dull Ivory and E44 Clay, using E47 Dark Brown for his antlers. For the grass, I started with G21 Lime Green then added E51 Milky White. The rocks in the grass and the cliffs in the distance are a combination of E70 Ash Rose, E71 Champagne and E11 Bareley Beige. The water is BG000 Pale Aqua, the sky, B21 Baby Blue applied with my airbrush. I love these pine branches, I used E44 Clay for the branch and the pinecones and G24 Willow for the needles. As a final touch, I used orange and purple Spica pens to add some glitter to the flowers in the grassy areas.

1 comment:

Sandy Knecht said...

Very nice composition Sandy. You Moose are cute. Great job as usual on your coloring and your airbrushing. I bet in person this is really great because you can see the colors in the flowers that the scanner doesn't pick up. Thank you for sharing.