Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Plaid pansies


This is the last of my floral RubberNecker stamps. I was bound and determined to use this plaid, but I am not so sure if I like it. I think it is a little dark. For the pansies, I used Copic markers V04 Lilac, V05 Marigold with Y38 Honey for the centers. For the leaves I chose G24 Willow, G28 Ocean Green with Y15 Cadmium Yellow as a final shade. The end result was a little too green for the paper so I added G82 Spring Dim Green and it turned it a little more olive. The background behind the flowers started out as B21 Baby blue, it was too blue so I used E51 Milky White to muddy it up a bit. Did not like that so I added G82 Spring Dim Green and I liked the resulting shade, a soft blue/green. It just shows you how wonderful Copics are, you can blend your own colors. The inner border is E51 Milky White, the outer wooden border is E35 Chamois. I took a Copic 0.1 black multi liner and added the black dots around the yellow border and the edges of the plaid paper. Some airbrushed matching rhinestones finished off the card. The corner punch I use on a lot of my cards is from EK Success, the Concave Corner Adorner.

1 comment:

Sandy Knecht said...

I think it's a good match. Maybe since it is plaid it is more a masculine look instead of a feminine look that pansies are.