Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A witch for Amy

Tonight was stamp club at my friend Amy's and here is the card I created for the group. My spring card tutorial was the Technique Spotlight on SplitCoastStampers this month and judging by the amount of cards added to the gallery, it was a hit. Amy loves Halloween and witches in particular. The stamps are from a retired Stampin' Up set called Best Friends. I stamped the images on Beckett Expression Radiance card stock with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and of course used my Copics to color them. For the witch I chose YG21 Anise for her face, V15 Mallow for her hat and dress, the hat band and her stockings are YR68 Orange and lastly G14 Apple Green for her lovely hair. The broomstick is E35 Chamois, the bristles are E31 Brick Beige. For the bats, I chose a darker shade of purple, V17 Amethyst. And the final touch was to pounce Violet Versa Color ink around the image to break up the stark white. The designer paper is from Die Cuts With a View, their Halloween pack from last year. The little witch embellishments are from a package of Halloween confetti I picked up at Michaels last year.

2 comments:

Sandy Knecht said...

That spring card sure turned out cute!

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to name it, "A witch for Amy", or "Amy is a witch"....heh heh. Regardless....I appreciate it very much!!! She's a creepy ole hag!