Monday, August 11, 2008

A cowboy for Pat M


This month on the Yahoo Sutter group, we had to do a design card rather than a scene. The idea was to add finishing touches to a card. This was my creation. There are 7 layers of paper, 7 rhinestones, 2 pieces of ribbon, 4 Nestabilities die cuts and white gel pen. I started with the Sutter cowboy stamp on Curious Cryogen White paper. Using my Copics, I masked him to airbrush B21 Baby Blue in the sky. His jacket is B93 Lt Crockery Blue, his jeans are B97 Night Blue. I used E35 Chamois for his chaps, W5 Warm Gray for his boots and C3 Cool Gray for the stirrups. His hat and gloves are E42 Sand White. I used a Copic Sepia multiliner for the rope and bridle. The horse is E11 Bareley Beige shaded with E42 Sand White. And the last color added was the ground, E30 Bisque. The wonderful designer paper is from Scenic Route Paper from the Liberty collection. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to die cut both the rectangles and the oval panels, plain and scalloped. I thought the addition of the white gel dots were the perfect finishing touch. I hope you find some inspiration from my design. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Sandy this is wonderful! I could see this with the statue of libery or a parade with these papers . I will have to steal this idea if I ever get time to stamp again. You going to the show this weekend? I can't find anybody interested. so sad.

larue said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love it. The colors, serenity and action of the image make for a beautiful, beautiful combination.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Sandy :)
Beautiful card and design, your coloring is just beautiful!

Congratulations on being published, your work is just amazing!

Jennifer :)